Monday

Quitting Smoking: The Calm Before The Storm

The cigarette is the most common method of smo...Image via Wikipedia

I am about to take the plunge. I am quitting smoking, after almost 14 years of smoking. With the rising costs of cigarettes, I just cannot afford to smoke anymore. A carton is now costing $60, with plans to continue to rise in the near future. That's ridiculous! Highway robbery if you ask me...but no one did.

I have other reasons as well for quitting smoking, besides financial. My health for one. I hope to one day see my grandbabies. I'm tired of being tired, and I'm going to see if by quitting smoking I gain some of my missing energy. I practically live on caffeine to get through the day. Okay, not practically, I do.

As I type this, I have about 4 cigarettes left of my carton. I already bought the patches, and they've been staring me in the face for days. Am I ready to do this? Not hardly. Is this a good time? I couldn't have picked worse. But do it I must. I want my life back.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...