Friday

Quitting Smoking Timeline - Day Four

Cigarette butts in ash tray.Image via Wikipedia

Day Four

Today was another rough day. While I had a productive stretch for a bit, my body and brain seem tired. And I slept plenty last night! Though I must admit to having the weirdest dreams. They were very vivid too. I don't recall dreaming the past three nights, so that is definitely a change. Still sleeping long hours though, often well into the day. I think that in itself is killing my productivity...but they say the body heals itself while sleeping. So perhaps its a good thing!

My lungs still hurt, yet they feel clearer then they have been feeling. My brain is still foggy, and I'm really having a hard time getting the motivation to do much. I can force myself to get some work done, but I waste most of my time on menial tasks, such as surfing the web. Feel quite zombie-esque. No migraine this morning, and very little queasyness last night after I put the patch on. Still causing cramping, but I can work through it. Have to put the patch on well before bed...fell asleep rather quickly last night.

Quitting Smoking Timeline

1pm - Dragged my sorry butt out of bed, still stuck in a couple of extremely vivid dreams. Feel like I could sleep for another month.

3:35pm - Had an intense craving for a cigarette. Not sure why, perhaps it had to do with my family and their demands on my time. Wasn't cranky or anything, just really wanted one. Habit still hasn't broken yet, though I am getting better.

7:16pm - Having a hard time dealing with the little annoyances. Daughter's noise levels are really getting to me. Feeling lethargic and ready to sleep, and kind of on edge at the same time. Still feeling lost without having a pack of cigarettes around...my brain can't seem to fully grasp that they are no more!

9:36pm - Feeling extremely braindead. My nose and sinuses are filling up, and my brain is whirling around. Nothing is making much sense, but I'm not sleepy. Hoping my brain comes back to me at some point!

3 days, 19 hours, 22 minutes and 22 seconds smoke free.

76 cigarettes not smoked.

$19.50 and 13 hours of your life saved.

Your quit date: 4/7/2009 2:21:00 AM
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...