Tuesday

Quitting Smoking Timeline - Day Fourteen

The cigarette is the most common method of smo...Image via Wikipedia

I learned two things today. One, that I really am allergic to nicotine. Two, that I'm not quite ready to do without the patch.

Yup, I caved and bought a pack in a weak moment. Smoked two and have regretted it ever since. I felt like a smoke inhalation victim for hours. My lungs still feel rather burnt. Then without thinking I grabbed the third. The patch is BACK on. I will take the nonsense from them. It is far preferable to what I was doing.

Its amazing what those little white cylinders actually do to your body. While smoking, I never noticed how much I was hurting my lungs. But light up a cigarette after two weeks without one, and you notice real fast. Its like running into a burning building and deliberately inhaling the smoke. Put that way, it really doesn't make any sense anymore, does it?

I'm still coughing. And I felt good all day today until then. My energy was high, I felt free, I could breathe...almost felt like I could take on the world. I want that feeling back. I screwed up, but I learned a valuable lesson. Onwards and upwards!

13 days, 21 hours, 55 minutes and 44 seconds smoke free.

278 cigarettes not smoked.

$91.00 and 2 days, 2 hours of your life saved.

Your quit date: 4/7/2009 2:21:00 AM
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...