Sunday

Quitting Smoking Timeline - Day Thirteen

"One thousand Americans stop smoking ever...Image by miss_blackbutterfly via Flickr

Day Thirteen

I think I'm allergic to nicotine. I started developing chest pains and nausea again last night, and one thing that had been happening for the past two weeks (and not quite as often while smoking) was a stuffy nose within ten minutes of putting the patch on. I start coughing and its just horrible, nevermind the muscle cramping.

So I'm going to try this without the patch. Things might get crazy, they might get hairy...but I'm going to try. I'd have to get off of them at some point anyways. I chose to quit, I want to quit, and by George, I'm going to do it! I might screw up, last time I checked I was still human...but the symptoms are getting worse. I'm quitting to feel better, not worse.

Quitting Smoking Timeline

12:30pm - Yup, ridiculous. These patches are killing me.

3:05pm - Took the patch off. They're giving me chest pains. Debating putting the 14mgs on, or just leaving the patch off.

10:14pm - Started breaking out in hives. Not fun.


12 days, 19 hours, 56 minutes and 11 seconds smoke free.

257 cigarettes not smoked.

$78.00 and 1 day, 23 hours of your life saved.

Your quit date: 4/7/2009 2:21:00 AM
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...