Thursday

Quitting Smoking Timeline - Day Ten

I took this photograph and I release it to the...Image via Wikipedia

Day Ten

Last night was another night of very little sleep, but I didn't sleep the entire day away today. Only about an hour and a half of it. I don't know what is causing me to wake up so often during the night, I'll have to see if it gets better as I continue on. Maybe a lower dose of nicotine will help with that. Once again, all I can smell is nicotine, and its driving me crazy. I'm wondering if it isn't purging out of my own system, and that's why I'm smelling it all the time. That's rather a nasty thought.

I'm still in sleepyhead mode though, and quite lethargic when not actually sleeping. Not sure if its caused by healing, detox, or simply the lack of sleep at night. Not very productive as a result, which is putting all my other goals on standby more or less. Seems like a death sentance for a Type A+ personality. But I'm in essence buying myself some more time with this one goal, so it will be worth it in the end. My stomach is still in knots though, and I seem to be going to the bathroom several times a day. Not the most pleasant topic, of course. Ah well, it all has to leave somehow.

Quitting Smoking Timeline

8:35am - Woke up late again, even after setting my alarm clock an hour earlier. I'm turning into a last minute Nelly!

10:46am - Spent the morning wishing Mom good luck on her first day back to work. No cravings yet, still super exhausted and ready to crawl back into bed.

1:32pm - Woke up from a nap. Rather irritated how little I am getting done currently, but trying to tell myself it will all settle down soon.

3:57pm - Still exhausted, as if I hadn't slept. Spent time with nephew, made sleepiness worse! Stomach starting to act up, and random cramping in arms and legs.

6:15pm - Started smelling nicotine again. Can't pinpoint smell, but its driving me up the wall. Want it gone.


9 days, 19 hours, 9 minutes and 22 seconds smoke free.

196 cigarettes not smoked.

$58.50 and 1 day, 11 hours of your life saved.

Your quit date: 4/7/2009 2:21:00 AM


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...