Sunday

Quitting Smoking Timeline - Day Six

Do not Smoke kids! It can kill youImage by Energetic Spirit via Flickr

Day Six

I've made it through my first holiday smoke-free! Somehow, I'm not sure how. I do not have a quitting smoking timeline for today, as I was out and about for most of the day. It helped that the places I went to were smoke-free, but unfortunately the conversation seemed to drift that way frequently. It can be hard when you are constantly reminded of it, though this blog doesn't seem to make any noticeable difference in that direction.

Luckily for me I did fall asleep rather quickly last night, so it appears that the days of insomnia are over. Unfortunately, there still remains the problem of getting up in the morning. I'm still having a very difficult time doing so, but at least I am starting to hear the alarm clock again. It might have to do with the extremely vivid dreams I am experiencing, especially close to the time I need to actually wake up. Took a two hour nap after doing the family rounds, so not sure how that is going to affect my sleep tonight. But it has seemingly made me more productive, I've been on a cleaning frenzy for the past two hours or so. My nose is becoming increasingly more sensitive, and having always had a decent sense of smell, the littlest things are driving me nuts. Noise tolerance seems to be reaching normal levels, although certain levels of noise are still running on my last nerve.

My lungs are far clearer today then previous days, although the coughing is getting worse, especially at night. It doesn't seem to be productive at the time, but the heaviness has dissipated as well as a lot of the pain, so many something is moving in there. I haven't had too many problems with the nicotine patch (NicoDerm CQ STEP 1 Clear Nicotine Patches) yet, some mild redness that shows up a couple of days after removing the patch and lasts about a day, and then some mild itching after the redness fades. Weight gain has been negliable, actually lost three pounds when I weighed myself on day three, and have since only gained back 1.6 lbs so far. Current weight is 135.6.


5 days, 20 hours, 21 minutes and 5 seconds smoke free.

117 cigarettes not smoked.

$32.50 and 21 hours of your life saved.

Your quit date: 4/7/2009 2:21:00 AM


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...